About 3/4 pounds yellow squash, sliced
1 egg, beaten
6 Tbsp. of flour
5 Tbsp. of cornmeal
1/2 Tsp. baking powder
Salt/ Pepper to suit you
A couple shakes paprika
1 Medium Onion, grated
- Cover squash with water and boil 10-15 minutes or till tender
- Drain and mash squash to measure 1 cup
- Stir squash and egg together well
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt, pepper, paprika; stir these well.
- Add squash and onion and stir till well blended.
- Drop squash mixture by level Tablespoons into hot oil in skillet
- Cook till golden brown, turning once
- Drain well on paper towels and lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.