2 lbs. yellowneck squash, chopped
2 small onions, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
1 can pimentos, chopped
1 can water chestnuts, sliced
3 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
1 package cornbread dressing mix
1 stick margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook squash and onions in salted water until tender; drain.
- Add soup, sour cream, pimentos and water chestnuts; set aside.
- Mix melted margarine and dressing mix.
- Line large pan with half of the dressing mix.
- Sprinkle small portion of cheese over dressing mix.
- Pour in squash mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over squash and top with remaining dressing mix.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.