One 9" pie crust (homemade or store bought)
5 medium size ripe tomato's sliced
1 cup chopped green onions (part of leaves included)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup Hellman's mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (fresh if possible)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Prick pie crust with a fork, bake 10 minutes, and remove from oven.
- Reduce heat to 325° F.
- Pat tomatoes down with paper towel.
- Cover bottom of crust with 2 layers of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on half the scallions, oregano, and basil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the cheddar cheese and mayonnaise, mix till well blended, and spread half the mixture over the tomatoes.
- Repeat layering with the remaining tomatoes, scallions, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise spread.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and bake till golden and firm, about 45 minutes.
- Let pie cool slightly before slicing.