Tomato Basil Pasta
SUBMITTED BY: ANGELA DAWN
"This recipe is a simple, flavorful dish served at room temperature. Fantastic! This dish will refrigerate well, and is just as yummy the next day for lunch as a cold pasta salad!"
• 10 ounces dry fusilli/spiral pasta
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cloves crushed garlic
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 2 cups diced tomatoes
• 6 leaves fresh basil, torn
• 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
• salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fusilli pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, onion, tomatoes and basil; let sit at room temperature.
- Toss warm pasta with Parmesan and feta. Stir in tomato mixture and sprinkle on salt and pepper. You can add more Parmesan if desired. Serve immediately.