4 yellow crooked neck squash, sliced thinly
2 teaspoons butter, cut in pieces
2 tablespoons self-rising flour
1/2 cup sliced onions
4 oz. shredded mozzarella or Swiss cheese
2/3 cup milk
- Use small casseroles, single serving dishes.
- Layer squash, onions, and butter.
- Spread flour over squash, and pour milk over all.
- Spread cheese over top.
- Bake in microwave for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and squash is done, or bake in oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
2 lbs. yellowneck squash, chopped
2 small onions, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
1 can pimentos, chopped
1 can water chestnuts, sliced
3 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
1 package cornbread dressing mix
1 stick margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook squash and onions in salted water until tender; drain.
- Add soup, sour cream, pimentos and water chestnuts; set aside.
- Mix melted margarine and dressing mix.
- Line large pan with half of the dressing mix.
- Sprinkle small portion of cheese over dressing mix.
- Pour in squash mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over squash and top with remaining dressing mix.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
3 cups sliced summer squash (zucchini, yellow)
1 cup sliced onion
3 Tbsp. margarine
1 cup chopped tomato
Grated romano or parmesan cheese
- Sauté squash and onion rings in margarine about 10 minutes or till soft.
- Add tomato and continue sautéing over low heat another 5 minutes.
- Put into serving dish and sprinkle with grated cheese to taste.
- Cover dish and let sit for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
About 3/4 pounds yellow squash, sliced
1 egg, beaten
6 Tbsp. of flour
5 Tbsp. of cornmeal
1/2 Tsp. baking powder
Salt/ Pepper to suit you
A couple shakes paprika
1 Medium Onion, grated
- Cover squash with water and boil 10-15 minutes or till tender
- Drain and mash squash to measure 1 cup
- Stir squash and egg together well
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt, pepper, paprika; stir these well.
- Add squash and onion and stir till well blended.
- Drop squash mixture by level Tablespoons into hot oil in skillet
- Cook till golden brown, turning once
- Drain well on paper towels and lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.
4-6 yellow squash, sliced or chopped
1 onion, chopped
4 Tablespoon oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped green chilies
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
- Saute squash and onion in oil, until tender.
- Add milk, chilies, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cheese.
- Serve hot.